Monday, August 06, 2007

A Beautiful Bride and Groom


It has been a very busy week for me between working and baking "the Wedding Cake" for Kenny and Brandi's wedding. It got done and looked fantastic with thanks to Kathy who helped me nead and roll fondant and who is the piping queen!
Anyhow a few pounds of butter and a whole load of man hours later here is the cake!
It was sitting on a floating stand with rings of flowers in between the tiers. I thought it turned out well and the most important thing is that the bride and the parents loved it right?
Its not a new thing to me I have made many a wedding cake working for Donna Sanche in my opinion the best Pastry chef in Toronto. It is just that I work in an office now I no longer do this on a regular basis so I always feel super rusty. The cakes always turn out though!
I also got asked to make another cake out of this for a November wedding. Again someone I know so hopefully it will go just as well!
I think Kathy and I may just start working more together in the future as we worked really well together with the fondant and final touches.
Kenny and Brandi were just the happiest looking bride and groom and I have to say that the ceremony was one of the nicest I had been to. Perfect timing as well. It was even more special as Reverend Sue was the officiant. Paige was so excited to see them get married and thought as we all did how gorgeous Brandi looked!
The reception was perfect as it was outdoors and the weather for once decided not to be too hot or to rain. The tent, the decour, the food and atmospehre was fantastic!
We had a great time ,it was nice to catch up with so many people that we only see at weddings it seems these days! Why is it that as you get older, married and have kids you see less and less of the people you used to spend all of your time with? It was nice for Waun to hang out with his "guys" although as usual one in particular always has to open his mouth with a snide comment directed at me. GRRRRRRR!
There is NO EXCUSE for rudeness especially as a grown man of 40 something. I tried to not let it ruin my night but it did a bit.
Anyhow I know that this is one of those marriages that will last. They are so well suited together and I wish them many years of happiness together!

12 Comments:

Blogger *Chelle* said...

Mellie, that cake is GORGEOUS!!! So is that couple!!! Glad you had fun and phewy on the rude dude!!!!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Beautiful cake! Looks like you have talent there, chica!

4:31 PM  
Blogger photoholly said...

The cake looks divine!!! Wow, simple and gorgeous. Your rustiness doesn't show sweetie. Ignore those idiotic men, pfffft!!! I've been ignoring men, well, one in particular, a lot lately. Miss you!!!!

8:04 PM  
Blogger TanishaRenee said...

That cake is sooo beautiful!

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous cake!!!!!

and hello :0) :0) :0) looking forward to hearing your ideas for the peeled paint

xxxxxxxxxxxx
joy

1:05 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Mellie this cake ai just beautiful....I know I looked at it before but I didnt leave a comment. I wanted to reply back to your message to me on my blog about your DD wanting a cell phone at 8. I made my DD wait until she was 13 before that happened. But she is 16 now and I know that younger kids have them now a days. Its tuff being a parent that is for sure.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Mellie, holy cow! That is amazing work. It sure looks yummy. I want a big piece of it!!!!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wowzieeeeeeeeeeeeee ms Mel that is one gorgeous cake....and i am so honoured i got an award from YOU. that is my first and it totally makes my day especially the kind words you sent me. wow...so how are YOU??? i miss you like crazy
ANg

6:13 PM  
Blogger GlitteryKatie said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL cake Mellie!!!!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Tracey Taylor said...

OMGosh, you outdid yourself with that cake!!!!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

that is an amazing cake mellie! great work!

12:53 PM  
Blogger GlitteryKatie said...

Hiya Mellie- hope you are keeping well :O)
Love kt x

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone