Thursday, May 17, 2007

Horsing Around!




I am really bad at this blogging thing! Almost two weeks since my last entry. We have all been busy. I had to work a lot the last two and 1/2 weeks which is a good thing but takes a lot away from all of the other things that need to get done. After Paige's first communion she came down on the Sunday with severe ( according to the doc) tonsillitis and spent the week off of school which meant I had to drag her into work everyday with me and she would go next door to the guest house by my work. I would just have to keep checking in on her but for the first few days she just slept so that was fine.

I did discover though after seeing that her tics etc where getting stronger at that time and doing some research on the various Tourette's boards etc that tonsillitis can bring on stronger tics etc. Strange but interesting! I also took Paige to the pediatricians last Friday and found out that she has grown 1 1/2 inches since January 28Th!!! That is incredible and also another reason why she has been displaying more tics more frequently the past few weeks.

Paige started Horse riding lessons on Monday and when I picked her up at school and told her she was doing this she cried with happiness. I have never seen her so intently focused for that hour that she was there. For the first 6 weeks they learn all about grooming horses and all the various rules etc being around horses and the stables. She LOVES it and keeps asking how many more days etc until her next lessons. You know she never really had a "thing" besides her art some little girls play sports or go to dance lessons or gymnastics etc. Paige never had an interest in any of those things but this I think is it for her. Also of course swimming she loves swimming lessons too and it makes sense that she would love horse riding and swimming they are both good for children with Tourette's and with each of these she can do well and not feel any different than any other child. You can find out more about the LazeeG ranch here http://www.lazeegranch.com/

anyhow this is a layout of my gorgeous niece Bryn once again using the April kit from http://scrappygiraffekits.com/ very simple but I like the end result. it looks a bit uneven but it is my scanner doing that! I reloaded the layout as I was informed that my niece has hazel eyes not brown had no clue there was a difference but I certainly know better now!

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

that layout is beautiful! I love it- and I'm jealous of the horse lessons... the moment has faded now, but I remember always wishing for riding lessons when I was little :)

9:47 PM  
Blogger photoholly said...

Every girl dreams of having her own horse! I miss mine terribly and long to be around horses again. Working on a horse farm was one of the best jobs I ever had. sigh. I'm thinking of enrolling Hayden in horseback riding lessons too, maybe we can carpool!!! Want to get together next Saturday? I'm off. Miss you. Hugs.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved horsebacking riding as a kid...I'm thinking of putting Emily in it, not sure if Jordan wants to, we'll see. The layout looks beautiful...I love the brown eyes!..sorry Mel...

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay...I posted that last comment but I noticed that you changed it to Hazel eyes on the layout....when did you do that?

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone