Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Over A Month But ............

Lots of things have happened since then. It has just been CRAZY literally. First off after having to go in for a routine procedure ( for me anyway) for a chronic condition I have I got incredibly ill from it and went into major flare up zone. It was actually very frightening how ill I got and how fast I went down hill. So now I am on a steadily decreasing doze of prednezone which is a steroid and something I am so upset about having to take. I only have 4 weeks left now fingers crossed of taking this vial stuff. The worst part of this is that I feel like a big puffy round faced balloon from the side effects.

Paige finished Brownies for the year and had the choice of flying up to Girl Guides but she wanted to stay back until her fellow chums Holly and Jordan can fly up with her. So for now in September she will go back to Brownies until at least January and hopefully fly up with Holly.

Paige wrapped up her first 6 week introduction course to Horse back Riding. She is completely hooked and i know that this is her "thing" some kids dance, do gymnastics etc but this is IT for her. She will start taking a weekly one on one private lesson for the Summer before starting group lessons again in September. I also as a treat have booked her into "horse" camp the last week of July first week of August. It is a day camp running 9 - 5 daily which as well as riding also includes swimming and archery. I am sure she will love it although she is feeling worried about not being with anyone she knows. That is a good thing though because she hopefully will come out of her comfort zone and meet some new people. She can be very very shy in group settings with kids she does not know and always holds back on her own.

Lets see what else has been going on? My sister, brother in law and my niece and nephew came up for a few days at the end of June to celebrate my birthday.I could not wait to get my hands on the kids and hug them up and the kids had a blast together and it was so nice to spend some quality time with my sister, it does not happen very often. We had a BBQ for my 41st birthday on The Saturday with a few friends and their children. Everyone had a fabulous time and the English contingent bonded well! I will post pics as soon as I get my photos loaded onto the computer.
I have not had the urge to scrap I think feeling so horrible health wise kicked out all the creativeness out of me. I did manage to get two layouts done one of my nephew Aidan and another ofPaige and Aidan together with journalling behind the photo.
Finally last Monday July 9Th Paige had her surgery for her tonsil and adenoid removal. I felt so bad for her she had no clue really what was about to happen even though I had explained it all to her. I kept asking her in the waiting area are you nervous and she kept on saying that she was excited!! Waking up from the surgery was rough on her and when they called me in she was just howling with pain which got me ready to ball my eyes out so in order for her not to see me so upset I quickly hugged and kissed her and went and got her Dad. Waun is so much better at this than me, he knows he has to hold back his feelings and just calm her down. By the time she went up to the children's floors and into her room she was slightly calmer. They gave her a good shot of morphine which helped a lot. We had a lovely surprise though and Reverend Sue from our church stopped in and brought her a lovely stuffed cat. That really helped take her mind off of it. It has been a really long week of recovery. The first couple of days not so bad but Thursday to Saturday she was in so much pain I felt so helpless. The Doctor did warn us that days 5 and 6 would be the worst as everything is starting to heal as the swelling goes down and tightening up. He was not kidding. It was not a fun time for any of us. Paige has a new cute voice out of all of this though! Before she was always very nasal toned because of the adenoids now she has this very girlie cute voice. It makes me smile every time she starts speaking. (:
I am afraid that this post is getting to long and that Blogger will do something screwy so will update with more photos and news in a new post when I get the chance!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracey Taylor said...

I can assure you that by the looks of those two layouts, you have tons of creative juices left! Glad that you are all on the mend.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone